What's the big deal about "landing pages" anyway?
or: why you should read this blog
TL;DR 1. Marketing is a battle of perceptions, not products. 2. Your landing page is the way people perceive your product. 3. If people don't go past your landing page, your product doesn't matter. 4. You need a landing page that doesn't suck. 5. This blog will show you how to get there.
1. Marketing is a battle of perceptions, not products. You can wish for people to see the superiority of your product all you want, but if you can't show it somewhere, it won't happen. Now you've built a great product, but nobody knows it's any good.
2. Your landing page is the way people perceive your product. It is your store front on the internet. It's your chance to convince people to get it. But if it doesn't look good, if it doesn't make people want to get in, they'll just walk right past you. Even if your product would be great for them.
3. If people don't go past your landing page, your product doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if your product is technically superior, or better designed than your competitor's if people never get to a point where they can see that for themselves. You need to beat your competitor at the landing page level.
4. You need a landing page that doesn't suck. For people to get to the point where they can see your product kicks ass, you need to know how to show them the full value of your product. A good landing page is the perfect tool to do that.
5. This blog will show you how to get there. By learning from the best, you'll shortcut the path to a good landing page, and pick up one of the most useful and reusable skills along the way — how to sell a product.
Hey guys, I'm David, a marketer & copywriter on a mission to help you get rid of your bad landing pages. To do that, I fully subscribe to the Charlie Munger school of mastering the best that other people have ever figured out.
You can find me on Twitter @davidoudiette where I share stuff about marketing, landing pages (duh), and other cool tech & startups related stuff.